EnergySmart is one of the UK’s fastest-growing funded energy saving specialists. We are experts at securing energy saving funding and installing energy-efficient improvements into homes and businesses.
We fit energy saving measures into homes, such as internal wall and loft insulation, air source heat pump, first time central heating, solar PV and boiler upgrades that are funded by the government ECO scheme.
You will be responsible for installing and plastering insulated wallboards to the interior walls of domestic properties. Experience in installing energy-saving measures is desirable but not essential.
The work is nationwide, and therefore you will need to be okay with being away from home four days a week – vehicles and accommodation is paid for.
Job role – Plasterer/Boarder
As part of EnergySmart Group’s plans for expansion, EnergySmart is looking for experienced plasterers and boarders. You will be predominantly working away from monday to friday in a team of 2 so please think about this if it suits your needs before applying, in your team of 2 we usually have one boarder and one plasterer with one person being more able on the skirting side, duties to be completed between the team of 2 of are below.
- Fitting batons to the wall with DPC.
- Fitting insulation boards onto the baton with cleats.
- Using thin boards to board window reveals.
- Attaching skirting boards and coving where required.
- Installing heating and ventilation measures where required for example this may include into top of window frame and fitting trickle vents, cutting bottom of a door so there is a 10mm undercut, core drilling bathroom and kitchen wall so that a mechanical vent can be fit and hanging downflow heaters to wall.
To be hired for this role, we are expecting you to meet the following requirements:
- Good and effective communication skills.
- Well organised with effective multitasking skills.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications.
- Have a proactive problem-solving mindset and are able to use your initiative.
- UK driving licence (desired not essential.)
- Willing to work away from home Monday to Friday, this is a requirement so if you will not be able to do this majority of the time then it is likely this role will not be fit for you.
- Day rate negotiable subject to experience
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- Accommodation provided
- Weekly pay every Friday
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £150.00-£200.00 per day
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnley, BB12: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you willing to work away from home Monday to Friday? Please do not continue with your application if not as this is the majority of the time
- Plastering: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burnley, BB12